Friday, June 28, 2013

5-Minute Queso dip, and a welcome to my blog

What a good day to post this recipe. It's over 100 degrees here in Utah, and we needed a quick before dinner snack, but didn't want to leave the house. The pizza dough is rising (that recipe later!) and we were starving. So we concocted this quick 5-minute queso from what was in our fridge. Turned out amazing so I think I'll share!

                                                Ingredients:
                                                 1/2 block of Velveeta white cheese
                                                 1 can diced green chilies (small can)
                                                 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
                                                 1/2 tsp garlic seasoning

                                               Heat over medium low heat, stiring until melted. That's it!

This was a hit with the kiddos as well. Big is 6 and loves anything with cheese in it, and the green chilies weren't too hot for her. Of course little is only 4 months old and can't enjoy yet, but I'm sure she'll be a fan too!

So this blog idea is something the wife and I came up with. Being a stay-at-home-dad for about 8 months, I've been taking on more and more of the home responsibilities, and having to learn how to as I go. I've found a lot of fun in cooking for my family and learning some new skills. I hope you'll join me. Maybe you're also new to the homemaking thing like me, or maybe you just want some simple recipes and home tips.

This should be a fun journey. Come along for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea, Mark! I will be e-stalking this blog!

    ReplyDelete